When it comes to snacking while on the keto diet, many people think that their options are limited or boring. But that doesn't have to be the case with this recipe for keto butter cookies that are both delicious and guilt-free. Made with almond flour, butter, and Swerve sweetener, these cookies will satisfy your cravings without causing you to fall off the keto wagon. Plus, we'll provide you with the nutritional values so you can track your macros easily. Keep reading to find out how to make these keto butter cookies.
Ingredients: (click on the ingredients for buying recommendations)
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup salted butter (at room temperature)
1/2 cup Swerve sweetener (or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and Swerve sweetener until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour and baking powder.
- Gradually stir the almond flour mixture into the butter mixture until a dough forms.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into balls and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per serving (1 cookie):
Total Fat: 11g
Net Carbs: 0.7g
Benefits of using almond flour and Swerve sweetener:
Besides being an excellent source of healthy fats and being low-carb, almond flour also contains an array of micronutrients like magnesium, vitamin E, and fiber. On the other hand, Swerve sweetener is a low glycemic sweetener that doesn't raise blood sugar levels thus making it suitable for the keto diet. Unlike regular sugar, Swerve doesn't cause inflammation in the body and won't harm your teeth either.
Tips and Variations:
- Add some cinnamon or nutmeg to the dough to switch things up.
- Melt some keto chocolate and drizzle it over the cookies once they're cooled.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature before using it to get a smooth batter.
- If you're dairy-free, try using vegan butter instead.
These keto butter cookies are the perfect keto-friendly treat that you can enjoy without feeling guilty. With just a few basic ingredients, this recipe is easy to make and will impress anyone who tries them. Not only are they delicious, but they also come with added health benefits from the almond flour and Swerve sweetener while being low in carbs. Make these cookies today and enjoy a tasty snack while sticking to your keto goals.
Shop for Your Keto Baking Ingredients
Here is a curated list of essential and recommended keto baking products that you can purchase from iHerb.
Use discount code: DDD9676 to enjoy 5% discount on your purchases.