Are you looking for a healthy and delicious snack that satisfies your cravings for something sweet? Then you’re in the right place! This keto chocolate muffin recipe is not only easy to make but is also made using lupin flour, a low-carb, high-protein flour that’s perfect for anyone on a keto or low-carb diet. Plus, these muffins are packed with nutritional value, making them a guilt-free treat that you can enjoy any time of day.
Ingredients: (click on the ingredients for buying recommendations)
1 cup lupin flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup erythritol sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a muffin tin or line with muffin cups.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the lupin flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs together with the melted coconut oil, almond milk, sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips if using.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for a few minutes in the tin before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per serving (1 muffin)
Calories: 145 kcal
Net Carbs: 4g
These muffins are a great source of plant-based protein, healthy fats, and dietary fiber. Lupin flour is a great alternative to wheat flour as it’s low in carbs and high in protein, making it ideal for those following a keto or low-carb diet.
- Make sure your eggs are at room temperature as this will help them to emulsify with the other ingredients more easily and create a more even texture.
- You can replace the erythritol sweetener with any other keto-friendly sweetener of your choice.
- If you don't have lupin flour, you can use almond flour or coconut flour instead, but you’ll need to adjust the amount as these flours absorb liquid differently than lupin flour.
There you have it, a delicious and nutritious keto chocolate muffin recipe that’s sure to satisfy your sweet cravings without compromising your health goals. With lupin flour, you can enjoy the baked goods you love without the guilt or the carbs. Give this recipe a try and let us know how it turns out!
Shop for Your Keto Baking Ingredients
Here is a curated list of essential and recommended keto baking products that you can purchase from iHerb.
Use discount code: DDD9676 to enjoy 5% discount on your purchases.